Young Aspirations of Arunachal

Young Aspirations envisages to provide a platform to budding as well as writer-amateurs/poets to hone and display their skills. Besides, This aims to encourage and consolidate the feeling of oneness, integrity, brotherhood and nationalism among Arunachalee Youth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Along, North-east, Arunachal, India

straight, frank, happy-go-lucky and jolly person

Sunday, September 21, 2008

A New Beginning: A Milestone Towards Public Service Through Indian Forest Service

On 09th, August, 2008, early in the morning, 5.30 am precisely, the bus of the Uttarakhand Tourism Corporation, which I boarded at 10.00 o’clock previous night along with Rongsenlemla Imchen, a female-colleague and fellow Indian Forest Service (IFS), Probationer, 2008 batch from Nagaland and with whom I got acquainted recently, while anxiously making visits to the Ministry of Environment & Forest, Government of India, in CGO complex, New Delhi, to pursue for and tracking the official procedures with respect to my Medical Part-II examination, reached the Dehradun’s Old ISBT (Inter-State Bus Terminal). While Alem, short for Rongsenlemla, left with her brother and one friend towards Rajpur road, I came to Khupjang Sir’s house. Mr. Khup, one of my seniors during M. Sc. Days in FRI from Assam, but a Kuki by ethnicity, had been staying in a rented house in Ballupur, near the campus of FRI. A complete gentleman & nice human being he is, he greeted me happily, though I had disturbed his sleep. After freshening up, we went out for breakfast at about 8.30 a.m.
Thereafter, I went to Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy’s New Hostel for Indian Forest Service Probationers inside New Forest, Forest Research Institute. I informed Vishwes, my junior in FRI (DU), but now a senior IFS probationer, in advance about my arrival. He readily received me outside the hostel. I checked my room, strolled in the corridors of various blocks of the hostel. I was allotted Room # 08 in E-Block. Having spent some times there, I preferred to stroll through the narrow familiar roads leading to the FRI Main building, a magnificent building, standing proudly against the picturesque background of dense Sal forest and barren hill-slopes towards the ridge since last 77 years, a monument quite eligible to be a part of UN Heritage, a perfect blend of British architecture and Indian skills. I reflected on the trajectory my life has followed so far, particularly the uncertainties and mysteries of my ‘Destiny’ and the God’s blessings throughout that have guarded and helped me. My eyes got moistened by tears rolling within. As I moved along ‘Brandis Road’, the main road, immortalizing the father of modern/scientific forestry in India, Mr. Dietrich Brandis, a German national and the first Inspector General of Forest, which directly lead the Main FRI Gate in the Chakrata road to the Central Hall of the Main Building, and further lost in contemplation and nostalgia of various shades of my life till now, specially the struggles, frustrations, depressions, successes, failures, happiness, joy, desertions, acceptances, cheatings, infidelities, heart-burns, hurts, associations, relationships, and the like, all of a sudden, tears trickled down through the cheeks endlessly. I stood still for 15 minutes right in front of the Main Building, precisely in the middle of the entire length of the Brandis Road and wept profusely. Those 15 minutes were my Happiest Moments so far. It filled me with immense nostalgia, pride, happiness, joy, and a sense of accomplishment.

Finally, I returned towards Khup’s house. He had prepared a Pork dish, and his landlady had cooked steamed rice for two of us. It was a good lunch. We talked through the day, reminiscing the days gone-by…… In the night, I rang up Anushka and talked for some 10 minutes, including Sona, Durba and Sudhir. Four of them were having a sort of gathering in Sona’s rented house, which is in Patparganj, near Noida. I missed her all the more immensely; but I controlled my emotions and feelings. Of late, I’ve learnt to keep my agonies to myself, no matter howsoever much I long to express them. Here, it is very pertinent to mention that I always believed in and demonstrated my passion and commitment for love; but the person opposite always negated them with acts of deliberate innocence, meticulous omissions and systemic lies; for instance, telling me that I was the one and only she loved, the only person placed next to her father in the pedestal of respect and importance, yet deserting me in front of her friends, specially that one person, whom she calls just a friend. Eventually, she is planning to settle down with that so called ‘just friend’. Well, everybody is entitled to make choices and decide for himself/herself. Certainly, it’s the beauty of life. This was yet another experience for me! It was very tough though to accept the reality; meanwhile, I accepted my Fate yet again with all my humility. Naturally, I wish them very happy life together. At least, they get peace of mind and have beautiful life. As for me, I think let bygone be bygone. Michael Learns To Rock. MLTR was right when they sang: “Love is a big Illusion I shall try to forget but there’s something left in my heart”. Despite all these, my heart still yearns for true LOVE. I’ve not yet lost heart. I firmly believe it will happen someday and for real and an ‘Everlasting one’.
Next day, both of us went to IFS Probationers’ New Hostel with my luggage and occupied my room. Vishewes joined us and we began talking about the services and many more. Thereafter, Khup and I returned to his room. It was 10th of August, and this day in 26 years ago, I cried for the first time and entered the world of human being. So, I rang up home and talked to Mom. She was working in our paddy field with Dad, My younger brother, Dambo, his wife and Asum and others. I really missed home; I longed for the fragrance-laden breeze of country wind, the taste of home-made, ready-to-serve country wine, the mesmerizing greenery of the village and the gossips and wisdoms of youth and old people alike. Evening I returned to my room.
On 11th August, after breakfast, I came to the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy (IGNFA) Administrative Block. Throughout the day, all the IFS Probationers were busy feeling the joining formalities. Thus, began my journey into Government job as public servant through the Government of India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home