Young Aspirations of Arunachal

Young Aspirations envisages to provide a platform to budding as well as writer-amateurs/poets to hone and display their skills. Besides, This aims to encourage and consolidate the feeling of oneness, integrity, brotherhood and nationalism among Arunachalee Youth.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Along, North-east, Arunachal, India

straight, frank, happy-go-lucky and jolly person

Friday, January 16, 2009

My Expectations on Joining the Indian Forest Service

I’ve always been fascinated by the forest officers & forest personnel since very young age. The yeoman services that this department offers to the tribal communities and other forest dwellers, besides ensuring the health of our ecosystem through conservation and preservation of our natural resources are just amazing. In addition, being a tribal myself and having grown-up in the lap of nature and its wilderness, I’ve certainly developed a close affinity and intricate association with our mother nature, especially forest, spread over vast tracts of landscape.
Naturally, I’ve a myriad of expectations and they are all very dear and close to my soul. My destiny has been gracious yet again, and made my dream come true. Being in Indian Forest Service, I’m sure, I’ll have ample opportunities to fulfill my expectations. Anyways, my first expectation is to reach-out to as many people, particularly poverty-stricken, downtrodden, neglected & marginal, illiterate & helpless, as possible wherever I may be posted, and, at least, bring a ray of hope, smile, etc. on their faces. Obviously, it sounds pretty easy; nonetheless, a tough nut to crack in reality. Meanwhile, my passion is social service. Early on in my life, I developed a sense of community work, people’s participation, rural livelihoods and village institutions. I always wanted to be a social worker. As a matter of fact, my passion, zest & zeal, of course a little bit of hands on experience with working in a Non-governmental Organization called “Foundation for Ecological Security’, in Rajasthan will come handy in dealing with and fulfilling my deep-seated and long cherished desire of helping people.
Likewise, my other expectations definitely include ensuring the sustainability of natural resources, not excluding the wildlife and biodiversity for the existence of life in the perpetuity. Certainly, preservation of gene pool, conservation of natural environment, restoration of degraded ecosystems, watershed management, and the like are essential parts of approaches to sustainable development.
Maintaining and improving the aesthetic value of our scenic beauty of hills and mountains; eco-tourism and so on are my other expectations.


My Expectations from IGNFA
Life has been really good ever since my training in Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy (IGNFA) started on 11th August, 2008. I wouldn’t hesitate to call my journey into IGNFA and the ensuing next two years of training as my ‘Voyage’ to better world, full of new opportunities and assurance of sure success and greater achievements.
I really-really expect that, the professional excellence and discipline, commitment and dedication, etc. that this Academy inculcates in us, me particularly, will, without doubt, consolidate my professional knowledge and embolden my personal integrity towards my duties and obligations.
Also, I’ve high expectations that the course curricula, including various exposure tours, excursions, field-visits and interactions with senior IFS officers serving at various capacities during the two year probation will enlighten my idea of the organization of the forest administration in the country.

2 Comments:

Blogger shiva shankar reddy nimmala said...

hello sir.......my name is Shiva shankar reddy, i had completed my PG in Animal Biochemistry in National Dairy Research Institute my aim is to becaming a IFS please give me your guidance......

11:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sir! i had completed my B.TECH in Electrical Engineering under Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,Hyderabad.my aim is to becoming an IFS officer so, please give me your guidance.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home